10:30am – 6:30pm
Dubai Design District, Building 7
The 2019 Global Grad Show conference, titled Innovating for Social Impact, and curated by Community Jameel, brings together academics, designers and innovators working on projects related to social impact and sustainability. A key element of Global Grad Show, the conference will create a unique exchange opportunity, for professors, graduates and enthusiasts alike, through panel discussions, talks and presentations. Free; all welcome. Register here.
The conference this year will produce a white paper based on the content of the day, reporting on what was discussed but also producing insights and an outlook of the ‘recommendations’ raised by the panelists and speakers.
This annual conference is a programme of the Global Grad Show, which is an annual event that each year holds an exhibition of 150 projects from 100+ universities in 45 countries that address topics such as health, social care, disabilities, biodiversity, water pollution, farming, and sustainable cities amongst others. The Global Grad Show, held in partnership with Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD), is part of the Dubai Design Week, the region’s largest creative festival.
- Eleanor Watson, Curator, Global Grad Show
- Fady Jameel, President, International, Community Jameel
- Professor Naren Barfield, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost, Royal College of Art
- Brendan McGetrick , Creative Director, Dubai Future Foundation
- Dr Teresa Franqueira, Founder and Senior Researcher, ID+ DESIS Lab Research Group
- Ghassan Salameh, Guest Curator, Dubai Design Week
- Professor Ineke Hans, Professor, University of Arts Berlin
- Dr Stephen Green, Senior Teaching Fellow, Imperial College
- Dr Jan Carel Diehl, Associate Professor, TU Delft
- Dr Haya Al Dajani, Professor of Entrepreneurship, Mohammad bin Salman College
- Sahar Qawasmi, Director – Sakiya Art | Science | Agriculture
- Lumumba Di-Aping, Chief negotiator, G77 – Copenhagen Summit
- Dr Katharina Hauck, Reader in Health Economics and Deputy Director of J-IDEA, Imperial College London
- George Richards, Director of Strategy, Community Jameel
- Ralph Weigmann, CEO, iF International Forum Design
- Nao Valentino, Director of Strategy, Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for Education
- Belinda Scott, VP and Head of Corporate Sustainability, FAB
- Dr Nasser Abulhasan, Principal and Founding Partner, AGi Architects
- Manuel Jimenez Garcia, Lecturer, UCL The Bartlett
- Nadia Christidi, Phd Candidate at MIT and Writer Residence, Art Jameel
The conference mirrors the innovations featured at the Global Grad Show exhibition and sparks conversation on social impact.